The Australian University Senior Finance Officers' Group (“AUSFOG”) is a collaborative association of senior finance officers representing 31 Universities across all states and territories. The Group formally meets twice annually and corresponds regularly throughout the year on matters that impact on the financial operations of the Sector. The Group also liaises closely with the State Audit Offices on matters such as compliance with Accounting Standards and DEEWR reporting requirements.
AUSFOG works together to:
- Explore and share knowledge of best practice across Finance activities,
- Consider innovative approaches to enhance the value to universities that Finance functions could deliver,
- Champion/influence matters of financial import to peak bodies such as DEEWR, DIICCSRTE, Universities Australia, Audit Offices (NSW, ACT & Commonwealth) and State, Territory and Federal higher education ministers,
- Identify and action benchmarking of specific finance activities,
- Engage ‘outside’ assistance (eg. Large Accounting firms) as required to provide advice or represent the Group on the financial implications of changes to accounting standards and taxation legislation.
- Discuss and clarify the year-end audit process and raise any concerns with representatives of the Audit office(s). (This will include proposed changes in Accounting Standards and DEEWR reporting requirements.)
An underlying principle of the Group is to foster professional and open relationships by the informal sharing of knowledge and experience.
Peter Prest, The University of South Australia
Latest News & Announcements
AUSFOG 2013 Meeting Dates:
11-12 June 2013: Held at the City West Campus, University of South Australia, Adelaide.
25-26th November 2013: Held at the City East Campus, University of South Australia, Adelaide.
National University Finance and Procurement Conference
5-7th August 2013, Manly, Sydney Australia - Presentations are now available for download.
A Video of Prof Nick Petford's presentation is also available to watch from the HES home page.
Uni Staff Left in Dark about Super Threat - Article
- Sydney Morning Herald, June 4, 2012