The Call for Submissions for the
Learning Leaders in Higher Education Conference
is now open.
The Learning Leaders in Higher Education Conference Organising Committee invites submissions for the Conference to be held on 3 June, 2019 at the Pullman on the Park, Melbourne.
This one-day conference invites participants to consider Learning and Teaching Leadership in Higher Education: Emerging Models for the Future.
This includes new ways in which staff and students are leading learning, how the leadership of learning and teaching is changing, and what opportunities and challenges these new strategic approaches to learning and teaching leadership present. It will be of interest to academics and professionals working in the higher education sector, accrediting bodies, Deans Councils, government, industry and students.
Submissions for the Learning Leaders in Higher Education Conference are invited under the following themes of Emerging Models for the Future of Learning and Teaching Leadership in Higher Education:
- Authentic leadership and changing leadership identities
- Adaptive challenges in learning and teaching leadership
- Distributed leadership strategies for the advancement of learning and teaching
- Leading through partnerships and collaboration
- Leaders as learners: Leadership development
- Data driven and technology-mediated strategies for informing leadership
All submissions will be peer reviewed by a panel co-chaired by Professor Kylie Readman, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Education) Murdoch University and Professor Jillian Hamilton, Director - Research, Innovation, and Impact, Learning and Teaching Unit, Queensland University of Technology. Submissions may take the form of theoretical and philosophical papers, strategies and frameworks, good practice reports and showcases, and new and emergent initiatives.
Presentations can be up to 45 minutes, including time for questions and answers.
You need to provide the following:
- A 350-word abstract
- A short, no more than 100 word, professional biography that includes your name, position within your institution, and a head and shoulders photo
- Submissions, including abstract, biography and photo must be uploaded to our online submission platform no later than Friday 29 March.
You will be notified of the decision of the review panel by Monday 8 April.
Please note that you must register to attend the conference in order to be a presenter. Presenters receive a 10% discount on the registration rate which is $495 Early Bird and $535 for the Standard rate which applies from Monday 22 April.